An exciting phase of education for all involved, KG begins at the age of three and continues for three years shaping the children’s overall approach to education. All children are curious discoverers and tremendously different. Our Early Years program is designed to plunge into areas of exploration, cooperation, communication, and physical movement. The learning process is enriched with fun and carefully selected activities targeting cognitive, social and emotional areas of child’s development.
An inspiring and happy start for a child is vital for a successful lifelong educational journey. Each student is unique in a way. This diversity is approached through a well-planned, differentiated and skills-based lessons. A wide range of teaching techniques and integrating indoor and outdoor activities is implemented, as children learn best through play.
Our KG curriculum is based on the new skills based curriculum provided by the Ministry of Education. Greater emphasis is laid on enhancing, listening, reading, fine and gross motor skills and unleashing children’s imagination.
Our core subjects are English, Mathematics, Arabic, ICT, Music, Art and PE. Events do not just add to releasing joy and excitement in this stage, they go beyond to enrich learning experiences . Monthly birthdays are also a treat shared by our parents.
By the end of this stage children are expected to be able to:
- Listen attentively and follow directions
- Comprehend a simple conversation conducted in English
- Understand stories and be able to retell and comment on them using printed pictures
- Express themselves in simple sentences
- Identify the sounds of every letter
- Segment, blend and read simple words based on the CVC
- Form a bank of vocabulary based on eye recognition
- Write the upper and lower case of every letter
- Count up to 50
- Do simple mathematical operations; addition and subtraction
- Display independence, self-confidence, sharing, and positive communication skills
What teachers do
The role of a KG teacher stretches beyond the scope of just being an educator. A talented KG teacher is required to:
- Deliver hands-on lessons through creative play
- Nurture children’s social skills
- Encourage students’ participation and celebrate their achievements
- Sustain an orderly, cozy and welcoming classroom
- Engage parents positively in the school community and promote the vision that a child’s development is a shared.